Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » General » I have seen into the future
I have seen into the future
SemianonymousDate: Saturday, 2008-08-16, 8:52 AM | Message # 1
Group: Users
And rest assured, fellow fans of Revision, the future is well designed.
Several days ago, our own Thrasher gave me an opportunity to test 3 levels of Revision: Hells Kitchen, UNATCO HQ, and the new Hong Kong. And test it I have.
Impressions:
(Before I begin, note that I only played the main parts of these maps, none of the warp points were added, so don't ask how the updated mall or 'ton are)

Hells Kitchen: I considered this to be the best map of the first patch, with the only real flaws being the funky purple lighting. The lighting is gone, and other small improvements have been made. Trust me, this place is about as perfect as, IMO, it can get.
Notable points: The unobservant NSF in the store, which are great for stealth practice. Also, bonus points if you find the hidden cafe.
Overall: If you liked it before, you'll love it now. Great place, and its nice to run around and just find the little details Thrasher added.

UNATCO HQ: I'll begin by saying I despise the original HQ, and honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of Thrashers revision (c wut i did thar?). The new HQ, while superior in almost every way, still does show some issues I have with it. Reyes/Carter are still tucked away in a little corner, and I still say both of them need an enlarged area. I don't think a State of the Art medical bay and Weapons storage should be about half the size of my room. However, on a higher point, the new staircase is as awesome as it should be, and the rest area (and thus, the mech augs) are moved to their proper location now, and it looks great. The meeting hall with the presidents daughter remains from the first patch, which is a nice little detail. I do wish the huge TV outside of the checkpoint remained, but next patch, eh?
Notable points: The staircase, the new rest area, and the extra one by JC's office. Also, for some amusement, try to find the magic green splotch on the wall.
Overall: Much improved, but still needs some work. I like how its shaping up.

And now, what you've all been waiting for...
Hong Kong: Wow. I only got to see one part of it, and ghosted to see some other incomplete parts, but wow. This area is amazing. The amount of details Thrasher added is nothing shy of amazing. For example, you'll doubtlessly notice small details like new banners, road construction, little things like that, that really serve no in game purpose, but make the whole area just look fantastic. Certain areas that were fine before were retained, such as the tea house, and the police station. But wait, even the station got a small addition, although I won't spoil what, I'll just say that if you break in on maggie's word, you'll find it. I have no doubt that people will be slightly disoriented at first, because it is simply so large, but believe me when I say that you'll adjust very, very quickly.
To move back to the small details, it was also here that I discovered (on his recommendation) that the Black Van's now Explode, immediately making several tough choices. For example, in the new garage by the police station, there are boxes full off goodies, but the van is in the way. Is it worth blowing the van to kingdom come, and by extension, everyone in range, for several items, or will you just leave them be? He's even expanded on trivial points in the stories, remember the two aussies gal's waiting for their big, manly Australian date? Explore a bit, and you'll find he got, uh, sidetracked, hehe.
Notable points: Virtually all of it
Overall: Although I can't comment on all of it, obviously, the main part of the Market I got to visit is stunning. You will love it, and if you don't, there is something very, very wrong with you.

Well, fans, we haven't much time to wait, and I assure you, its well worth the wait. If these 3 maps are any sort of indication, the rest of this mod will be easily listed among the best of the best for the series mods. Can't wait to see those maps you hinted at, Thrasher!
Comments, thoughts, etc.

PS: Please don't bug me or Thrasher for the maps. I've promised not to share, and I don't think Thrasher will be all that willing to give everyone the maps. That'd ruin the point of a patch, wouldn't it?

TrasherDate: Saturday, 2008-08-16, 8:02 PM | Message # 2
Creator & Mapper
Group: Administrators
Thanks for putting your impressions here. I'm sure that many of the visitors want to know true facts about what the patch will fix and improve.

The patch is complete and should be ready to be shared by tomorrow.

Unatco_trooper_23Date: Tuesday, 2008-08-19, 7:31 PM | Message # 3
is there hidden cafe too?!
can you tell me where it is and how i can get in ? biggrin

HAAAAAAX!

SemianonymousDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 6:46 AM | Message # 4
Its an amusing little place, that Cafe. I'll tell you this much, I couldn't access it without ghosting, but I don't want to give its exact location away.

ChucklesDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 4:45 PM | Message # 5
Visitor
I'll go with Semi about Hell's Kitchen and Unatco HQ.

I found the HQ to be a little clostrophobic. But remember. It's a BUNKER! As in underground!

Still, I think that the HQ ought to have a few 'vantage' points, things that a unatco troup would jump behind incase they ever got stormed or somesuch.

Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » General » I have seen into the future
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024