Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » General » When is the actual final version going to come out?
When is the actual final version going to come out?
kinghill9999Date: Thursday, 2009-03-12, 12:28 PM | Message # 1
Visitor
Group: Users
I just want to know when the final version of Revision will come out.
Can you give us an estimate

TrasherDate: Thursday, 2009-03-12, 12:35 PM | Message # 2
Creator & Mapper
Group: Administrators
Well, If i can get a couple of mappers, then the full version would arrive this summer. Right now I can't give a date.

DenisFCDate: Thursday, 2009-03-12, 3:32 PM | Message # 3
Visitor
In the same way, look at the progress page, Updated happy

Message edited by DenisFC - Thursday, 2009-03-12, 3:32 PM

LirezhDate: Tuesday, 2009-04-07, 12:41 PM | Message # 4
Visitor
Two questions:
a) Initially you wrote the mod will be about 700MB, but the demo seems to contain about 50% or more already an di sjust 80mb large. Is the demo content smaller than I thought ?
b) A 1.3 Demo would be very nice to see with your work since 1.2 included

Message edited by Lirezh - Tuesday, 2009-04-07, 12:57 PM

TrasherDate: Tuesday, 2009-04-07, 4:26 PM | Message # 5
Creator & Mapper
Quote (Lirezh)
a) Initially you wrote the mod will be about 700MB, but the demo seems to contain about 50% or more already an di sjust 80mb large. Is the demo content smaller than I thought ?
b) A 1.3 Demo would be very nice to see with your work since 1.2 included

a) You forgot that the installer is only 80mb. You need about 300mb of free space when you install 1.2 demo. The full version will be around 600-700mb.

b) We thought about making one more demo release but then decided not to. The next release will be the full version with many fixes and improvements.

LirezhDate: Thursday, 2009-04-09, 4:17 PM | Message # 6
Visitor
Hi,
I did not expect such a high compression ratio, good to know;)

about b)
I understand it but the problem is that many people are playing DX with your demo mod as it was far more than just a demo, it's half complete.
So a bugfix / extension release would help many gamers that probably will not play again DX in a few months just to see a few changes in the 2nd half.

Also as TNM and NEW VISIONS (a great extension) were released recently the people are replaying DX right now, it's the perfect time as DX gets more attention than it had for a long time and the attention will lower again.

You could still release a final Version later on, more releases usually do not make a product look less attractive as long as the releases are not flawed too much.

TrasherDate: Thursday, 2009-04-09, 6:46 PM | Message # 7
Creator & Mapper
Quote (Lirezh)
I understand it but the problem is that many people are playing DX with your demo mod as it was far more than just a demo, it's half complete.

Well the latest demo version is about 60% of the DX's gameplay.

I don't know when you found out about this project but the thing is that 1.2 was our 5th release. First there was a very early beta demo back in 2007 which I had to pull back due to some missing file problems. In 2008 january we released the lucky money as a small "gift" since we werent able to release a proper demo before new year. In April 2008 we released the first "real" demo version with only the missions from 01 to 05 + the patched Lucky Money version. Then there was the 1.1 version which improved many things and included a preview level of the market area. This patched version was released in august 2008. And then we finally get to 1.2 which is the current release, fixing many bugs and adding the Hong Kong chapter.

Another release would be nice I know. But I think 5 releases are enough. I dont know how far you've played/how many times you've completed 1.2 but I think it's a pretty stable version. There arent many problems left.

We're doing some changes for NYC Street,NSF HQ and some other locations. Trust me, waiting for the full version to come out will be worth it.

Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » General » When is the actual final version going to come out?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024