Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Revision Discussion Board » General Discussion » Introduce yourself! » Nice to meet all of you.
Nice to meet all of you.
ChekDate: Monday, 2009-06-01, 9:14 PM | Message # 1
Visitor
Group: Users
Hi. My name's Chek. I'm a professional game programmer, but also an enormous fan of Deus Ex. It's pretty cool to see so many people are still enthusiastic about this game.

I'd like to help work on some of this sooner or later, but unfortunately my personal life doesn't allow for that at the moment. Hopefully in a few months some of it will clear up and I'll have the opportunity to take on some other projects such as this.

It's nice to meet all of you.

bjorn98009_91Date: Monday, 2009-06-01, 11:44 PM | Message # 2
Coder & General Support
Group: Administrators
Hi, greetings!

Do you know UnrealScript? I bet that you are a 100 times more skilled then me because I hardly know how to do anything since I'm not very handy with the C language.

Nice to see you here!

TrasherDate: Monday, 2009-06-01, 11:47 PM | Message # 3
Creator & Mapper
Hello Chek. Welcome to our forums! It's nice to meet you too!

So you're a professional game programmer? Wow, this is a great honor!

I'm really happy to hear that you're offering your hand for this project. We're looking for programmers too but still mappers are our main focus. Although, all help is appreciated and needed!

And yes, it's nice that people still mod Deus Ex. I hope the modding community will not die anytime soon.

ChekDate: Sunday, 2009-06-07, 9:26 PM | Message # 4
Visitor
Group: Users
A great honor? Wow. That's weird. Normally I just feel like a slave. Downside of being on the programming end. :P At least I make a little more than the other sections...

I used to mess around with Unreal script, but it's been a really long time. However, I don't think it'd be too hard for me to get back into the swing of things. I know a lot of languages, but mostly use c++, although lately I have been forced to do a good bit of c#.

Unfortunately, it's going to be awhile before I have the time to help out. I'm bogged down with one project for the next six weeks, then need to move on to help out another one for another six weeks after that. After that, I'm not sure what I'm going to be forced to do, but hopefully I'll have a bit of downtime to work on things like this for a while.

As I was saying, I'm pretty useless at the moment, but hopefully I can really start cranking out some content later. I'll lurk here from time-to-time just to keep myself updated on what is going on.

It's a pleasure to meet all of you.

TrasherDate: Monday, 2009-06-08, 10:13 AM | Message # 5
Creator & Mapper
Since you know many languages, I'm sure that you'll learn to use Unreal Script very quickly as there are a few very good tutorials too about coding Deus Ex(if needed). Anyway, no need to hurry with the helping, just do it when you feel like it.

We'll be posting updates every now and then. Especially after next weekend.

Revision Discussion Board » General Discussion » Introduce yourself! » Nice to meet all of you.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024