[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Suggestions » Suggestions
Suggestions
kotharDate: Sunday, 2007-11-25, 5:14 AM | Message # 1
Stranger
Group: Checked
I noticed that this forum lacks communication about the mod, im sure that the people that are working on the mod are talking(assuming its not only one person making it) and i would like to make some helpful suggestions for the mod.

1. I saw the videos and they look great although hong kong looks a bit cluttered with random modles that should add to the feel of the game, but it doesn't maybe instead of a big open area make it more enclosed, Hong Kong is supposed to be an over croweded city not a wide open place with grass and space ( not a bad idead... for a lot of other games it would work, just not this one)

2 in unatco base a lot of the original rooms the textures were changed, instead of changing the textures dramaticly maybe you could keep the textures consistant with the game (changing one or two here and there, the shiny floors and things are a good idea) and really all unatco base needed was a bit of character but i think manderlys office was changed to much.

3 The hotel I can't remember exactly but it looked good all i can say for that is try to make the textures consistant and make sure they don't clash or make the room to bright

4 make sure that when you do rooms and such they are not to bright this is a dark game and needs to stay dark but not to dark you can't see (i hope i made that clear enough)

anyway tell me what you think

deusexrevisionDate: Sunday, 2007-11-25, 12:17 PM | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
Hello Kothar! I really would like to hear some suggestion from other people... and finally this is a real suggestion topic.

Here are your answers:

1. Yes i think the Hong Kong is way to big. Too much empty space i have to admit it. I'm planning to restrict the area a bit, making walls there and there..

2. Well i dont know if u managed to get the early demo version which i had to recall due to some missing files but if you did, you probably saw that manderleys office was too dark. Well anyways, i've fixed manderleys office. It's not that dark/bright anymore.

3. Yeah, I'll keep that in my mind.

4. Yes, I am about to change those too.

I can already see your next suggestion, "try to make Nyc street not so bright"

anddd.... the answer is that it's fixed already. wink

More suggestions/questions are welcome!

kotharDate: Sunday, 2007-11-25, 4:40 PM | Message # 3
Stranger
Im glad you think i was helpful!

i'll try to get more support for this mod so that people who know more about mapping can add their input cool

by the way all are welcome on the [FGS] forum www.gravity-world.com (if this is not an appropriate thing to post feel free to delete it ) but i think you may be able to get more support there and we may even host your mod on our site for downloads biggrin

deusexrevisionDate: Sunday, 2007-11-25, 7:53 PM | Message # 4
Admin
Sure i'll keep that site in my mind.

Please remember that if you have any questions or anything/screenshots requests, please tell me.

kotharDate: Tuesday, 2007-12-11, 1:49 PM | Message # 5
Stranger
the new pictures are nice i wish i could see exactly where in NYC that was put... did you completely remake the level or did you just add space?

TrasherDate: Wednesday, 2007-12-12, 10:37 PM | Message # 6
Creator & Mapper
I just made the level a bit bigger that's all.

Here's a pack of screenshots from New York. So that you can now see exactly where the Hotel is put. wink

Download Link

Message edited by Trasher - Wednesday, 2007-12-12, 10:39 PM

kotharDate: Thursday, 2008-06-19, 7:31 AM | Message # 7
Stranger
cool thanks

they look great
I honestly see no problems the only ones i can possibly think of would be the future New York map (the second time when Osgood and sons is gone)

and that would be somehow making the map the exact same way... unless you can kinda copy and paste (i have little experience with the SDK)

Added (2008-06-19, 7:31 Am)
---------------------------------------------
ok I wish i could say that i have tested your mod and that its great but... i haven't tested the mod, i have it but I am to lazy to make a copy of the maps and replace them so... I have nothing.

but I will say this, great work! for one person working on this your moving along very fast. keep publicizing your mod making a profile on the Moddb would be helpful, and advertise on the [FGS] forum along with the Factory forum and the [A] forum. when you come out with another major release I will make an announcement on the [FGS] forum for you.

cheers! I'll test the mod eventually.

TrasherDate: Tuesday, 2008-06-24, 1:51 AM | Message # 8
Creator & Mapper
Hehe thanks for the ideas. Play the demo when you have the time :)

no need to hurry.

SemianonymousDate: Monday, 2008-06-30, 9:09 PM | Message # 9
Group: Users
Just a few things, mostly expressing ideas/complaints from other places, plus my own suggestions
The new 'Ton is a bit "mazelike", do you think you could make some sort of a map in the office where the manager (who's name I can't bloody remember) is, or something like that? It'd be a nice touch, actually
Also, Reye's office looks pretty barebones as it is. I assume you're going to add more to it, but I'd suggest things like cabinets or something in those blank spaces, unless your already planning to put other stuff in there. Also, if there's space, think you could put a few more surgery tables in there with dead people on them?
thats all for now, and I'm in the middle of replaying as well, awesome awesome AWESOME

TrasherDate: Monday, 2008-06-30, 9:58 PM | Message # 10
Creator & Mapper
Good point, the final version will contain the updated maps that you can get from datacubes and infolinks. Therefore searching for the right room in the Hotel should be hell a lot easier. However, I'm afraid that the updated maps wont come with this patch unless i receive some help.

Anyways, Jaime's office is now better organized and has basically the same items and decos as the normal version. So everything should be O.K

Just to drop it out here, I'm happy to say that the patched NYC_Street is now ready. So screenshots will be here soon!

If everything goes correct the patch will be here within 2 weeks.

SemianonymousDate: Thursday, 2008-07-03, 8:07 AM | Message # 11
Looking foward to it!
One little thing I did notice, though, are you planning to put light fixtures in the vent shaft of the first floor of the Statue of Liberty? Because those lights look kinda weird...
One last question, actually, I'm playing it along with hardcore, and I'm wondering, did you put those scientists on the second floor of the MJ12-Unatco base? Because when playing with Hardcore, those three are practically invincible, and it makes me kinda laugh to see scientists shooting me when their on fire.

TrasherDate: Friday, 2008-07-04, 1:18 AM | Message # 12
Creator & Mapper
Those lights over by the vent shaft are deleted. So prepare to spend your energy. :P

I havent played Hardcore, so i dont know anything about the shooting scientist. :D

SemianonymousDate: Friday, 2008-07-04, 2:19 AM | Message # 13
Uhg. Their insane. After I posted that, I discovered that every single scientist is like that. God bless the Cloak aug.
Glad to hear that about the Lights, that confused me when I found them

TrasherDate: Friday, 2008-07-04, 2:24 AM | Message # 14
Creator & Mapper
Ah i see. Check back soon for an update.

ShY-GuYDate: Tuesday, 2008-07-22, 3:43 AM | Message # 15
Visitor
I got a suggestion for unatco base. You should add some items into the offices. As in ammo or upgrades.

Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Suggestions » Suggestions
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024