Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Bugs v1.1 (Bugs in 1.1)
Bugs v1.1
TrasherDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 1:21 AM | Message # 1
Creator & Mapper
Group: Administrators
Alright people. Post here in this topic all the bugs you find in the newest version.

Thank you.

TrasherDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 2:38 AM | Message # 2
Creator & Mapper
Ok, I've made some research and these are the bugs I've found;

-Walton simons in 03_UNATCO HQ
-UNATCO AI issues in 04_Hotel(when raiding the apartment).
-2x Flying coronas in NYC Streets
-Teleport issues between 04_BAR and 04_NYC Streets. (Doesnt happen everytime though.)

Keep me updated thanks.

bjorn98009_91Date: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 3:22 AM | Message # 3
Coder & General Support
Only reached Battery Park, excellent patch but I have some bugs though:

• When you save a game on the first Liberty Island level, it says 01_NYC_UNATCOIsland instead of "Liberty Island..." whatever used to be there before.
  • Whenever I try to pick the lock of that electrical "box" in the cleaning closet at UNATCO HQ (Level 2) it instantly triggers an event to make me hostile, even when I've closed the door behind me so I'm sure no one is watching.
  • A plant on a table (there is a datacube on the table) in Jaimes office is hanging in the air.
  • Not a bug, but when I said ventilation shafts on the UNATCO level I meant shafts that you could enter, and hide in. A thing you can use to your advantage later in the game when you have joined the NSF and you need to sneak out of the base undetected.

EDIT: Why is there a map called RevisionHongKongPreview? Is it different from 06_HongKong_WanChai_Market?

Message edited by bjorn98009_91 - Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 11:19 AM

TrasherDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 10:54 AM | Message # 4
Creator & Mapper
Ah alright. I would call those as "small" bugs since those are like so easy to repair.

RevisionHongKongPreview is the new HongKong Market. Since it's just a preview level you cant complete the goals since the Market area is restricted. So that's why it's saved as another HongKong Market map file.

bjorn98009_91Date: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 11:26 AM | Message # 5
Coder & General Support
Oh, forgot to mention that the turret and security camera outside the Statue in the first level is still not controllable from any computer console. Only way to turn of the camera is to hack it with multitools, this is true with the camera up the stairs to. Perhaps add another computer console or add to the existing console (there is one "place" empty in that console).

TrasherDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 11:30 AM | Message # 6
Creator & Mapper
Sure.

*Off topic*

Also just updated the mods profile in Mod db.

bjorn98009_91Date: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 3:23 PM | Message # 7
Coder & General Support
A few more bugs:

• The trash cans in NYC_Streets are still partially inside the wall, they are located behind the UNATCO troppers that give you gas grenades. Maybe this is because I run HDTP, not sure.
  • Check the image, it seams odd... (Btw it's modified, But I think you will get the point.)

And by the way, nice work on the NYC_Streets level, the lighting is absoulty fabulous.

2x Flying coronas in NYC Streets

What is a corona?

And I had some more bugs, but I forgot them. They were just small fixes, so nothing important.

Attachments: 7564638.jpg (144.7 Kb)

Message edited by bjorn98009_91 - Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 3:30 PM

TrasherDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 3:49 PM | Message # 8
Creator & Mapper
Corona is a light effect. You can see those in NYC Street lamps

oh yeah lol, i think i forgot that one on the wall. You can barely even see it.

bjorn98009_91Date: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 10:39 PM | Message # 9
Coder & General Support
I noticed it xP
Will continue with playtesting tomorrow, computer is busy with hard drive maintenance and got some programming to do!

TrasherDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 11:11 PM | Message # 10
Creator & Mapper
Alrighty, no need to hurry.

bjorn98009_91Date: Thursday, 2008-08-21, 1:13 PM | Message # 11
Coder & General Support
The level 03_NYC_UnatcoHQ is called "NYC - UNATCO HQ" in savegames, It should say Liberty Island.

Don't know who to blame here, Revision, HDTP or Shifter, the conversation with Gunter at the NSF generator rooftop was slow, they spoke their sentence but it took forever until the text moved on to the other character. Although this could have something to do with another mysterious bug, I used a vial of zyme but the slowdown effect didn't end. Used it at the underground MJ12 lab when I where about to rescue Ford, and the game stayed slow until I got back to Unatco after the NSF generator mission.

Oh, the thing I mentioned earlier about all the UNATCO troopers hating me when I tried to lockpick the electrial box in the closet, that does not occur the second time I'm at unatco.

All the stuff I stored in my office the first time has moved to be stuck on to a cupboard.

On another matter, is the progress page updated at all?

EDIT: If you ghost through the locked down UNATCO island in 03_NYC_UnatcoIsland and enter the statue you find Gunter in there talking about executing Paul. And you get missing infolink errormessages.

Message edited by bjorn98009_91 - Thursday, 2008-08-21, 1:23 PM

TrasherDate: Thursday, 2008-08-21, 2:11 PM | Message # 12
Creator & Mapper
Oh yeah i left gunther there alone.

I havent updated the Progress page for awhile. Gonna do this someday though

Um, storing your weapons and other things dont work in Deus Ex. I mean when you leave something in 01_UNATCO HQ, doesnt appear in 03_UNATCO HQ since those are different maps. At least never worked for me.

bjorn98009_91Date: Thursday, 2008-08-21, 3:25 PM | Message # 13
Coder & General Support
I have Shifter so it should work, it has a office storing feature. Although it is a bit flaky...

Unatco_trooper_23Date: Thursday, 2008-08-21, 4:00 PM | Message # 14
Group: Users
i cant turn that camera off on outside of statue sad

HAAAAAAX!

bjorn98009_91Date: Thursday, 2008-08-21, 5:24 PM | Message # 15
Coder & General Support
Quote (Unatco_trooper_23)
i cant turn that camera off on outside of statue sad

This has been reported before.

Quote (bjorn98009_91)
Oh, forgot to mention that the turret and security camera outside the Statue in the first level is still not controllable from any computer console. Only way to turn of the camera is to hack it with multitools, this is true with the camera up the stairs to. Perhaps add another computer console or add to the existing console (there is one "place" empty in that console).

Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Bugs v1.1 (Bugs in 1.1)
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024