Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Bugs in v1.2
Bugs in v1.2
TrasherDate: Friday, 2009-02-27, 8:32 PM | Message # 106
Creator & Mapper
Group: Administrators
You ghosted there. Theres no other way that you could get in that room.

Unatco_trooper_23Date: Saturday, 2009-02-28, 1:14 PM | Message # 107
Group: Users
Yeah sorry sad

HAAAAAAX!

TrasherDate: Saturday, 2009-02-28, 1:59 PM | Message # 108
Creator & Mapper
yeah so lol, why do you post it as a bug when you cant see it without cheating wink

LirezhDate: Thursday, 2009-04-09, 4:11 PM | Message # 109
Visitor
Ok might be a fault of me, or no error but maybe it is relevant:
I installed revision and continued playing, I installed it shortly before having the "castle" mission where you hunt for the stolen ambrosia, come in by boat and free those hostages in the subway station next to the "castle".

When I got back to unatco hq the building was changed by revision.
First thing: there were augmentation canisters in that new small building on the left of the HQ, there is a button you can press that never worked until now.
I found no way to enter the building, the glass on the backside can be broken but it's not large enough to enter the room through it.

So actually it really depressed me to see the aug. canister in there go away without touching it.

Next thing: the Storage closet in the medical error is always locked, I'm not through with unatco and soon gonna get arrested by MJ12 and was not able to find a key for the storage closet.
I remember it also had an aug. canister, I read about that shipment in the email from the doc.
Maybe it's alright but I was searching my ass of to find an entrance in those two locked areas.

Next locked area is the one next to manderleys office, two doors without key and an unbreakable window. Usually that conference room was always open and you could get some goodies from there.

Those 3 things might not be bugs, but I really wonder if they are supposed to be entered like in vanilla.
-------

One more bug: when you enter smugglers you can see a LOT of aug canisters upgrades and weapon mods next to a computer.
I am sure it was meant as a joke but it ruins the feeling. Smuggler is a dirty backway dealer and not a laboratory directorof mj12.
So the fact this stuff was there didn't make the situation believable.
Worse: it is a room you can not enter, it has no glass, no force field or other blockade. it's just an invisible wall you can not get through.
That room should be removed imho.

---------

Lastly, I am sure it is no bug but it is really hard to solve.
The NSF HQ level is annoying.
Entering the building is not the real problem, as I found at least two ways to get in.
First you need to find the control room (also not a problem, there you hack the computer and here is the first "??" What buttons to use ?
I just rotated all sats and opened the communication door.
Here the real problem started, I wandered off the whole area for a lot of times, I found no way to get in there.
It's way too hard, a spoiler on it would also be appreciated as my next step is activating a cheat.

bjorn98009_91Date: Thursday, 2009-04-09, 7:28 PM | Message # 110
Coder & General Support
The building to the left of UNATCO HQ is supposed to be unenterable, the aug upgrade canister was placed there to tease you, you can't have everything, right?

The key to the medical closet is found in the first UNATCO HQ map, since you installed revision and then played an old save game, then it is possible that they key will not work. I havn't checked out that possibility.

Quote (Lirezh)

I remember it also had an aug. canister, I read about that shipment in the email from the doc.
Maybe it's alright but I was searching my ass of to find an entrance in those two locked areas.

I didn't get what you meant about that entrance.

The conference room is now locked by design, i.e. not a bug.

We are going to remove the aug canisters from smugglers.

You need to get to the roof, there is a key somewhere in the building. There is even a hint to where it's located in a datacube on the top floor.

SimonDentonDate: Tuesday, 2009-04-14, 3:07 PM | Message # 111
Revisioned
What about that crosshair? happy

I need to reinstall the Revision demo so I can do more bug hunting! Just that there is a problem with the graveyard
map

SPOILER!

cencored by admin

My Mod!

www.summer101.ucoz.com

Message edited by SimonDenton - Tuesday, 2009-04-14, 3:08 PM

TrasherDate: Tuesday, 2009-04-14, 3:34 PM | Message # 112
Creator & Mapper
Sorry simon, you're not allowed to talk about it in public wink

bjorn98009_91Date: Tuesday, 2009-04-14, 9:42 PM | Message # 113
Coder & General Support
Yes, that is beta stuff... Aren't you aware of the rules for beta testers?

Oh, just checked nothing in the rules that prohibits you from spoiling it. I'll go fix that.

TrasherDate: Thursday, 2009-04-16, 6:26 PM | Message # 114
Creator & Mapper
good work björn, I totally forgot that part wink

SimonDentonDate: Thursday, 2009-05-21, 6:32 AM | Message # 115
Revisioned
Sorry about that guys, also there is a bug. In the UNATCO HQ on Mission 2, the medical room with the kaypad has a nano key in there that has a log message:
NO KEY DESCRIPTION - REPORT THIS AS A BUG!

So that is something to fix happy

How's Revision going?

My Mod!

www.summer101.ucoz.com

Message edited by SimonDenton - Thursday, 2009-05-21, 6:33 AM

bjorn98009_91Date: Thursday, 2009-05-21, 3:27 PM | Message # 116
Coder & General Support
Very much school work, but when summer break starts then there will be much revision work. biggrin

TrasherDate: Thursday, 2009-05-21, 10:56 PM | Message # 117
Creator & Mapper
Yeah, been quite busy with work and with the new website, so, no revision work. But this is about to change this weekend wink

SimonDentonDate: Friday, 2009-05-22, 6:15 AM | Message # 118
Revisioned
You do remember that bug where there is no teleporter in that tunnel leading to the canals in the HK map right? biggrin

As soon as I tackle the package error for summer 101 I think I know how to implement a new crosshair! As Revision was meant to have one yes? Also is there going to be egg collecting like in TNM, it will force players to go to the awesome places you have mapped especially in the graveyard map biggrin

My Mod!

www.summer101.ucoz.com

bjorn98009_91Date: Monday, 2009-05-25, 9:47 AM | Message # 119
Coder & General Support
I think that bug was fixed long ago. happy

TrasherDate: Wednesday, 2009-05-27, 8:51 AM | Message # 120
Creator & Mapper
yeah but for some reason he keeps mentioning it all the time wink

Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Bugs in v1.2
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024