Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Bugs in v1.2
Bugs in v1.2
SimonDentonDate: Wednesday, 2009-05-27, 10:09 AM | Message # 121
Revisioned
Group: Users
Okay I will stop tongue

How's the coding going bjorn? And Trasher, how's the Ship Below? I certainly can't wait to play this mod. biggrin

My Mod!

www.summer101.ucoz.com

bjorn98009_91Date: Thursday, 2009-05-28, 9:35 PM | Message # 122
Coder & General Support
Group: Administrators
Well I've been very busy with school lately, so not much work in Revision land sad

Ok, school ends 11th of June, so then I'll begin with Revision work again.

SimonDentonDate: Monday, 2009-06-08, 7:34 AM | Message # 123
Revisioned
How come in the Mission 8 Hell's kitchen level, the cops and UNATCO troops and bots are killing eachother? wacko

And for the Ship yard map make sure the guy just outside the main building is friendly, as that is what the entry guard says after you talk to Vinny.

My Mod!

www.summer101.ucoz.com

Message edited by SimonDenton - Monday, 2009-06-08, 7:39 AM

TrasherDate: Monday, 2009-06-08, 9:55 AM | Message # 124
Creator & Mapper
Quote (SimonDenton)
How come in the Mission 8 Hell's kitchen level, the cops and UNATCO troops and bots are killing eachother? wacko

That's some funny AI issue no need to worry, 1.3 fixes it.

Quote (SimonDenton)
And for the Ship yard map make sure the guy just outside the main building is friendly, as that is what the entry guard says after you talk to Vinny.

That totally depends on your actions what you do earlier in the game.

FelixDate: Thursday, 2009-06-18, 4:19 AM | Message # 125
Visitor
Hey guys Tester Felix here. I have just finished recording my Bug report for the latest version. Some are big some are small, some of them are from Deus Ex original and I do not know if you can fix them. I am wondering if I can upload it to YouTube for a day or two so that you can take a look at it. I will take it down after you have had a chance so not as to advertise the "Bad" parts of your mod. Okay?

TrasherDate: Thursday, 2009-06-18, 8:36 AM | Message # 126
Creator & Mapper
Hmm.. well the video is a good idea, but uploading it to youtube would be bad idea. I think you could just send it to us. How big is the file? You could host it over at speedyshare(or some other).

If there's no other way... we have to think about that youtube again.

AgelessDate: Thursday, 2009-08-06, 5:47 PM | Message # 127
Familial
Group: Moderators
The bug shown in http://deusexrevision.ucoz.net/forum/8-50-763-16-1232327743 is where you would go from the Market (1) to the Old Man Hand bar. There is no way to get directly from the Market to the Old Man Hand bar due to that bug. Now you have to go to Tamagochi road (um, Tonnochi?) and drop over the bar into the canal, swim south (I think, have to check that, it's at least in the direction you would go if you walked to Chow's apartment, coming from the Market), then take a left so you can enter the freezer from the canal.

Going through the bar back to the market entrance, then immediately turning around you will see this bug again.
If you do go from the Market to Old Man Hand and fall down that bug, there's no way to get out of there, but for kill yourself or reload.

There's also a voice bug on Joe Greene when you return to Hell's Kitchen. Talking to him his last words are cut off in every sentence he speaks.

Jord.

Message edited by Ageless - Friday, 2009-08-07, 4:21 AM

TrasherDate: Friday, 2009-08-07, 2:30 PM | Message # 128
Creator & Mapper
Hey Ageless, nice to see new users here!

The teleport bug you described in your post is fixed. Actually, we fixed it some time ago. It's really annoying I know. Soon we'll be releasing the 1.3 demo which will fix it. There will be many other fixes aswell.

But this, Joe Greene's voice bugs? I've gotta check that one. Are you able to get the bug to show up everytime you speak to him?

AgelessDate: Friday, 2009-08-07, 4:56 PM | Message # 129
Familial
Quote (Trasher)
But this, Joe Greene's voice bugs? I've gotta check that one. Are you able to get the bug to show up everytime you speak to him?

Yes, I do.

To make sure you know what I am talking about. It's when you return to Hell's Kitchen when it's under Martial Law, you've spoken with Harvey Finch and he suggests you kill Joe Green.

Finding Joe in the Infirmary, don't shoot him on sight but talk to him. I didn't suggest he was working for UNATCO, but instead took the first option. Subtitles show his whole sentences, but him speaking them... well, for instance when he talks about the Ambrosia, that word gets cut off to Ambro.

It's as if you click the mouse button. But I wasn't. smile

Good to know the other bug is fixed. I'll hunt for some more.
Really liked what you did with the MJ12 labs/Versalife level, I will have to replay that to show it to my girlfriend. I am now really looking forward to Area51, see if you stash some UFOs in there. wink

Jord.

Message edited by Ageless - Friday, 2009-08-07, 4:58 PM

bjorn98009_91Date: Saturday, 2009-08-08, 3:09 PM | Message # 130
Coder & General Support
I got that Joe Green voice bug too a while ago. I thought it was just me, and then it disappeared. I'll take a look at it asap.

AgelessDate: Sunday, 2009-08-09, 4:41 AM | Message # 131
Familial
Here's another one for you.

When you first come to the UNATCO HQ, go to the kitchen/coffee area, in the hall way outside, there are no Public Access and ATM machines.

So then you play the Clinton Castle/subway level, go on to the first time NYC Hell's Kitchen, take out the generator.
Then the helicopter back, go into UNATCO HQ and hey presto, the builders fitted the Public Access and ATM machines outside the coffee area. wink

I had the NSF terrorists in the subway running into the train (against the train) all the time, they kept on huddling in a corner all together and kept on running. (Not sure if that's a bug though, it made it easier for me to shoot them).

And may I ask what the 8 digit code is for that door in the HQ? (I first thought it was Jenny's code, but that's 7 digits)

Jord.

Message edited by Ageless - Sunday, 2009-08-09, 4:44 AM

bjorn98009_91Date: Friday, 2009-08-21, 3:09 AM | Message # 132
Coder & General Support
ATM machine and Public Access terminal will be added. And that code is secret, however if you ghost through the door you will see that there is nothing behind it. If you really want to find the code open the map in UED and access the Keypad.

The NSF terrorists seems to be an AI bug, nothing revision can fix.

AgelessDate: Thursday, 2009-08-27, 10:23 PM | Message # 133
Familial
In the past two weeks I was without internet (my old provider decided they wanted rid of me, why I am still not clear about. Switching to new provider took a little extra. Anyway...), so I could play a lot of games... could... didn't do it. Sat more on my balcony enjoying the sun. cool

I did find some more bugs though, one of them will crash me to the desktop all the time. I've got a log file for that one. Anyone here interested, and if so, how do I get it to you? I noticed that a lot of objects are falling out of the world prior to this crash and it always happens in the second part of Hong Kong (your new part), when I try to pass back to the first part and come anywhere near the two bus-benches.

The second bug I found (and which will repeat itself each time I play Revision) is the second time I come to UNATCO HQ.

You have to go to Manderley's office, but wait there (outside with his secretary and Anna Navarre).
Well, in DE, Anna is outside Manderley's office. In Revision, she's in Manderley's office, complaining that she was first etc. Walt Simons, who should be in Manderley's office, is actually downstairs in a cell, all by himself but apparently talking to someone.

The third bug is probably from DE. Where when you saved Paul, you get told to escape through the window.. just going into his bedroom and only looking at the open window will kill Paul.

Jord.

bjorn98009_91Date: Saturday, 2009-08-29, 1:17 AM | Message # 134
Coder & General Support
That first bug was interesting. Please send the log to bjorn9800991@gmail.com . We will investigate that one further. As for the second bug, it has been fixed. We did know about it before the release, but at that time we did not have a solution to fix it. It was listed in the "Known bugs" in the first post of this thread. The third bug will also be investigated.

Thanks for your input!

AgelessDate: Saturday, 2009-08-29, 3:01 PM | Message # 135
Familial
Quote (bjorn98009_91)
The third bug will also be investigated.

In Deus Ex itself, when you went with Paul's advice to go through the window, he would get killed. That was a known bug in the game. If it was a bug... So this is just a continuation on that same bug, I guess. Only thing is, I never tried going through the window, only looked at it. Standing next to the bed, in front of the open window... when you then walk out the front door, Paul's already gone and in the next level you find he's dead.

Not a bug, just a question. Barricading the door on the outside:
When I barricade the hallway outside Paul's apartment with all the couches, chairs, plants etc. that I can find, prior to the MIBs coming to get/kill him, it doesn't matter where I put all stuff, the MIBs somehow manage to get to the door anyway. So, do they drop into the world in front of the door, or what? Putting LAMs in the hallway will only kill one of them at most.

Apropos, logs are sent. smile

Jord.

Message edited by Ageless - Saturday, 2009-08-29, 6:32 PM

Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Bugs in v1.2
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024