Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » General » Quick question?
Quick question?
Maxrebo6Date: Monday, 2009-10-12, 8:35 AM | Message # 1
Group: Users
I read how to about the shifter revision fix and I dont get could you explain how to do as would for a noob.

AgelessDate: Monday, 2009-10-12, 8:59 AM | Message # 2
Familial
Group: Moderators
Quote (bjorn98009_91)
Ok, here is the lowdown on the fix. Shifter has some text in the DeusEx.int file, e-mail messages and customizable stuff. We are using DeusEx.rev (so that we are not overwriting the .int file) and in DeuxEx.rev there is no Shifter stuff. All the program does is make a copy of the .int file, rename it to .rev and add Revision things like "Welcome to Deus Ex Revision".

So if you want it compatible with revision just make a copy of DeuxEx.int and rename it to DeusEx.rev. That's the quick workaround.

(as per this post).

Jord.

Maxrebo6Date: Monday, 2009-10-12, 9:40 AM | Message # 3
I dont understand what I am supposed to do?

bjorn98009_91Date: Monday, 2009-10-12, 2:46 PM | Message # 4
Coder & General Support
Group: Administrators
Quote (Maxrebo6)
I dont understand what I am supposed to do?

Just copy DeusEx.int that is in your Deus Ex/System folder and name the new copy DeusEx.rev.

Maxrebo6Date: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 4:11 AM | Message # 5
Oh really man now I feel stupid and when it says merge them,I select yes right.I put in the deus ex.rev int file in the deus ex system folder right,and no the intro doesnt play what did I do wrong and what do I do to fix it

Message edited by Maxrebo6 - Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 4:26 AM

bjorn98009_91Date: Friday, 2009-10-16, 0:59 AM | Message # 6
Coder & General Support
Group: Administrators
Well, first: Remove DeusEx.rev from your Deus Ex\System folder. Second: Copy Deus Ex.int. Third: Rename the copied file to Deus Ex.rev.

Maxrebo6Date: Friday, 2009-10-16, 6:24 AM | Message # 7
I probably sound stupid but which file is deusex.rev can you give me a screenie because in my directory their is no .rev file.

AgelessDate: Saturday, 2009-10-17, 1:03 AM | Message # 8
Familial
Set Windows Explorer to show extensions.

For Windows XP.
For Windows Vista or above.

Jord.

Maxrebo6Date: Saturday, 2009-10-17, 1:42 AM | Message # 9
I did everything but the intro still wont play I reinstalled the game,then revision and I followed you instructions.When you say to remove .rev from the folder do you mean delete it?

AgelessDate: Saturday, 2009-10-17, 3:00 AM | Message # 10
Familial
Quote (Maxrebo6)
When you say to remove .rev from the folder do you mean delete it?

Yes. What other meaning is there to remove something from a directory then? (scratches head)
Even if you were to cut it and paste it elsewhere, it would be out of the DeusEx/System directory.

As for making a copy of the DeusEx.int file, since it is already in the correct directory this could prove difficult.
Instead make a temp directory in your DeusEx/System directory, copy your current DeusEx.rev into that directory. (Right click anywhere in the directory->New->Folder (or Map, or whatever it's called). Rename the new folder Temp

Now copy DeusEx.int to your Temp directory.
Go to that Temp Directory and rename the file DeusEx.rev
Move or copy this renamed file back to your DeuxEx/System directory.

May I ask how long it has been that you have worked with Windows, any Windows?

Jord.

Maxrebo6Date: Saturday, 2009-10-17, 5:54 AM | Message # 11
Lets start from the top after I downloaded shifter after I install deus ex and revision,I know what to do to install shifter but since having problems can you tell in a series of steps wtf I am supposed to do because obviously I am getting nowhere I have never had this much trouble.The intro still wont play and when it did that when I went to ride the boat to battery park it gives me the demo ending yet I own the legal Cd GOTY verison.

AgelessDate: Saturday, 2009-10-17, 12:49 PM | Message # 12
Familial
As I said, I don't use Shifter. So perhaps, if you don't mind dropping that, you shouldn't be using it either (at this point in time and space).

So uninstall (through Add/Remove Programs):
- Deus Ex Revision Demo
- Shifter (if it's in there)
- Deus Ex

There may still be remnants in the registry, but I won't tell you how to get rid of those.

Now just install Deus Ex from the CD. Do NOT install it to the default directory, but point it somewhere new, somewhere fresh, preferably on a whole different drive or partition on the drive. The installer will make the new directory for you.

Start Deus Ex. Exit it from the intro screen.

Then just only install Deus Ex Revision Demo 1.2 on top of Deus Ex.

Start up Revision with the Revision icon on your desktop. Do Not use the Deus Ex icon.

Set up the game to your likings, start a new game, play a chapter or 8.

And only then, if you truly feel you need to, you can go install Shifter and replay everything.
If, for some reason, Shifter will wreck your Deus Ex/Revision again, you found the culprit. Though then I think you'll have to go to Shifter's makers and complain to them about it.

Jord.

Message edited by Ageless - Saturday, 2009-10-17, 12:50 PM

Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » General » Quick question?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024