Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Revision Discussion Board » General Discussion » Other Discussion » My desktop + my theme :D (Name says it all.)
My desktop + my theme :D
SimonDentonDate: Saturday, 2009-02-07, 0:13 AM | Message # 16
Revisioned
Group: Users
I used Photo shop when I was doing Photography in the film course I entered a while ago.

It's pretty neat with what you can do. My friends cut off my head and put it ontop of a bin picture tongue

My Mod!

www.summer101.ucoz.com

Kee715Date: Thursday, 2009-03-12, 9:28 PM | Message # 17
True fan
My newest desktop, Firefox.. erized biggrin

I love Firefox. biggrin
It is easy to see why I love it, all you need to see is My Firefox to see why Firefox can be so great.

Good, Bad, I'm the guy with a Minigun, Chainsaw, and a big a** Cannon.
I'm a gamer at heart, but I'm limited by my surroundings...

TrasherDate: Friday, 2009-03-13, 0:41 AM | Message # 18
Creator & Mapper
Group: Administrators
haha I think we all know that Firefox is the best web-browser out there

oh and heres my updated desktop;

Attachments: 5627674.jpg (232.4 Kb)

Kee715Date: Wednesday, 2009-03-25, 2:37 AM | Message # 19
True fan
Well I found a new XP theme, the Zune theme from Micro$oft, I also downloaded the Google Desktop app.

I switched back to the Dual Pistols of Injustice wallpaper.

Message edited by Kee715 - Wednesday, 2009-03-25, 2:41 AM

TrasherDate: Wednesday, 2009-03-25, 3:47 PM | Message # 20
Creator & Mapper
that's some nice looking theme! Nice! smile

DarkRealityDate: Saturday, 2009-05-02, 1:23 AM | Message # 21
Think Tank
There are official XP themes beyond the 3 that come with it? I used the one that comes with XPize, kind of Media Center-like. I'm using Vista now, not entirely proud of that. I gave it a spin and while I love some features, I don't care for others. Even after adding another 1GB of RAM it's only marginally smoother. Seems they don't sell Socket 939 procs anymore, so I can't update my AMD Athlon64 3200+ (and why is that not enough??

(click for fullsize)

My wife's Rock Band avatar and mine.

If you're wondering why we have two Firefoxes and two Pidgins, we use PortableApps.com software to keep our software configured even after reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling Windows. They're on an external hard drive. Anything we can run portably, we do. Including Deus Ex. Following a reinstall of Windows, all I have to reinstall is security software and a few random apps that can't be portablized.

Kee715Date: Saturday, 2009-05-09, 0:09 AM | Message # 22
True fan
Rather than post another image of my desktop I may as well just show what is new:

[url]http://www.moddb.com/members/kee715/images/fallout-wallpaper[/url]

I removed Google Desktop, I only have 382MB of RAM and that was just using up too much.

TrasherDate: Saturday, 2009-05-09, 0:26 AM | Message # 23
Creator & Mapper
Quote (Kee715)
I only have 382MB of RAM

wow, how old is your computer?

nice background image.

Kee715Date: Saturday, 2009-05-09, 8:17 AM | Message # 24
True fan
Quote (Trasher)
wow, how old is your computer?

'05 or '06, it used to be my Mom's and she did not need much, then I received it and I found out it's true crappiness.

TrasherDate: Monday, 2009-05-11, 9:25 AM | Message # 25
Creator & Mapper
bought mine in 2005. It had 512mb memory,Geforce 6600,AMD64 3200+...

been upgrading it since then, bought a new powersupply, 500W, 1GB memory and a new graphic card, Ati HD 2600XT GDDR4.

so now I have a total of 1536mb memory.

bjorn98009_91Date: Monday, 2009-05-11, 7:56 PM | Message # 26
Coder & General Support
Not good mixing memory modules from different manufactures and different sizes. Also they may have different CAS latencies and that is really not good (everything will operate slower)... Like your graphics card though =D

DarkRealityDate: Tuesday, 2009-05-12, 10:58 AM | Message # 27
Think Tank
Quote (Trasher)
bought mine in 2005. It had 512mb memory,Geforce 6600,AMD64 3200+...

been upgrading it since then, bought a new powersupply, 500W, 1GB memory and a new graphic card, Ati HD 2600XT GDDR4.

so now I have a total of 1536mb memory.

6600 GT or just regular?

That's real ironic because I BUILT mine in 2005 and that's what I chose. AMD Athlon64 3200+, 256MB 6600, and 512MB RAM. I later added another 512MB RAM, and then replaced those with two 1GB sticks. (Tried to use all four sticks but it said no.)

I'm no hardware nut either. I actually didn't know it would work and let out a HUGE sign of relief when it actually booted. I took a big chance building a computer from just reading MaximumPC.

The computer runs great to this day but it's not quite equal to the task of running Vista. It does Windows 7 OK, but it kicks all kinds of ass running XP. Actually still had 1GB with XP, the other 1GB was added under Vista. So I have yet to see how good it runs with the extra RAM in XP. Can only be better though right?

TrasherDate: Tuesday, 2009-05-12, 11:40 AM | Message # 28
Creator & Mapper
Just the regular GeForce 6600(very crappy).

Quote (DarkReality)
(Tried to use all four sticks but it said no.)

Back in the day when I had only 512mb memory I upgraded it with another 1GB(2x512). Well it turned out that the computer only had 1GB when it was supposed to have 1536. About half a year ago I bought a 1GB(1X) stick. I tried many times to get the full 2GB which is max for my computer but no, turns out that only 2 of the 4 memory slots work. Now I have that 1536... well it's still better than the 1GB. I'm planning to buy a new PC sometime soon in the future. Nothing expensive though, 400€($545) is enough for me.

Quote (DarkReality)
Can only be better though right?

Hell yes! and now with SP3 your XP should be really fast. I still prefer XP more than Vista.

Quote (bjorn98009_91)
Not good mixing memory modules from different manufactures and different sizes. Also they may have different CAS latencies and that is really not good (everything will operate slower)... Like your graphics card though =D

When you're running out of cash and you have to buy more memory, theres no other way than getting something that just fits your computer. In my case all the memories are PC3200. I'm having problems with my graphics card yes. The processor cant handle it. I've seen people playing Far Cry 2 with medium graphics with pretty good FPS... I play with 320xsmth resolution, all super low details and I still get 15FPS. I do know that my gfx isnt the best either. But I should be able to play these quite new games with at least medium details. Of course, it totally depends on the game too.

bjorn98009_91Date: Tuesday, 2009-05-12, 4:18 PM | Message # 29
Coder & General Support
Well I'm mixing memories too, and well the computer isn't running as fast as I want it to. I'm planning on buying two new RAM-sticks 1GB each to replace my 1 GB and my 512 MB. Also I think I'll need a new power supply because the computer has a tendency to boot only 2/3 of the times I press the power on button.

I've got both XP and Windows 7 on the comp but it lags a little sometimes. I'll post a picture of my Windows 7 desktop as soon as the comp is online.

TrasherDate: Wednesday, 2009-05-13, 8:19 AM | Message # 30
Creator & Mapper
Quote (bjorn98009_91)
Also I think I'll need a new power supply because the computer has a tendency to boot only 2/3 of the times I press the power on button.

When I press the power on my computer, sometimes the screen just wont show up. The monitor goes on but can't see a thing. This happens rarely though. Mostly it works. I don't know if its about the power supply.. I have 500W so it shouldnt be a problem :/

Revision Discussion Board » General Discussion » Other Discussion » My desktop + my theme :D (Name says it all.)
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024