Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Suggestions » I just had an idea (training)
I just had an idea
JCDDate: Saturday, 2008-01-12, 11:33 AM | Message # 1
Visitor
Group: Checked
You know how the Shifter mod recovers lost conversations? eg. with Ford Schick and Tong and Lebedev?
Well there are plenty of removed infolink messages from Gunther in the training level about training sections which the developers decided to cut out. For example one piece of dialogue is Gunther instructing you about an artificial urban environment where targets pop out and you have to hit them. Another one is a sniping game and another is a 'combat arena' where it's JC + some weapons + some robots. You can hear these lost dialogues using the SDK and can read them using ConEdit.
I was wondering if you could 'revise' the training level so as to include these lost exercises.

TrasherDate: Sunday, 2008-01-13, 3:14 AM | Message # 2
Creator & Mapper
Group: Administrators
Interesting idea indeed. More ideas are truly welcome!

Let's see what i can do ;)

Message edited by Trasher - Sunday, 2008-01-13, 3:16 AM

kotharDate: Monday, 2008-01-21, 4:17 AM | Message # 3
Stranger
Group: Checked
awesome idea i never played the training all the way through... mostly because the AI can't distinguish between light and dark very well... you can't really hide in shadows (it sorta works but the NSF almost always know your there)...

bjorn98009_91Date: Saturday, 2008-09-20, 7:25 PM | Message # 4
Coder & General Support
Group: Administrators
I'm thrilled about this idea... I really would like this to happen biggrin

Kee715Date: Friday, 2008-09-26, 6:23 AM | Message # 5
True fan
Group: Users
[size=8][font=Arial][color=blue]That is an excellent idea!I personally do not like the training all that much,that would make it enjoyable for 2-4 tries before it gets boring again.

Good, Bad, I'm the guy with a Minigun, Chainsaw, and a big a** Cannon.
I'm a gamer at heart, but I'm limited by my surroundings...

Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Suggestions » I just had an idea (training)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024