Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » General » Demo doesn't work
Demo doesn't work
JCDDate: Saturday, 2007-10-13, 1:08 PM | Message # 1
Visitor
Group: Checked
I downloaded the demo but can't get it to work. I made a folder in my DeusEx folder called Deus Ex Revision Demo, and extracted the files of the rar file into it. There didn't seem to be any specififc way to start the demo so I used Deus Ex Loader to load 00_Intro.dx But when I played it, it played the intro but didn't start the game afterwards. It just went back to the menu screen. So from there, I started a new game but it only started normal Deus Ex.
So I tried to open 01_NYC_UNATCOIsland.dx but it came up with this error:

Critical Error

Failed to enter DX.dx: Can't find file for package 'Zodiac_Misc'
History: UGameEngine::Init <-XGameEngineExt::Init<- DDeusExGameEngine::Init<-InitEngine

I tried to open 01_NYC_UNATCOHQ.dx as well but it came up with a similar error, with 'RS2020_Textures' instead of 'Zodiac_Misc'

So far the only map that has worked is Battery Park. But the only thing different with that is that Anna Navarre's model is different. The rest is the same as the original. I changed map to Hell's Kitchen but this too is original DX.

What's going on? It's a shame as I was looking forward to playing this.

SoniceloDate: Saturday, 2007-10-13, 2:15 PM | Message # 2
Visitor
Group: Users
I think I am blind lol.. I just cant find the demo link, it says on download page viewing 3 files out of 3, but there are only 2? Those pics and movie.

TrasherDate: Saturday, 2007-10-13, 2:29 PM | Message # 3
Creator & Mapper
Group: Administrators
Wait wait wait. You used a Loader? Go to the Revision system folder. Then click the deus ex icon. It SHOULD show you the new startup image. Hmm it seems that those are the textures i mentioned in the readme file. Eventhough those were never used in the levels and you will never see those textures while youre playing.

"I changed map to Hell's Kitchen but this too is original DX."

Now that's weird. I Recommend you to delete your current Revision Folder and Extract the files again. But this time extract them somewhere else. Not to Deus Ex Folder. Do it like this: C:\DEmos\Revision

Message edited by Trasher - Saturday, 2007-10-13, 2:30 PM

JCDDate: Saturday, 2007-10-13, 4:23 PM | Message # 4
Visitor
Well I got it to work. Like you said, I clicked on the DeusEx.exe icon in the system folder, but it said that there was no CD, even though my Deus Ex CD was in the drive. So I went to the DeusEx.ini and deleted 'C:\DeusInstall' from the CDPath= line. I tried the icon again but it said it couldn't find entry.dx or the DX.dx maps. So I went to my Deus Ex maps folder and copied and pasted the entry.dx and DX.dx maps to the Revision maps folder. Now it works fine, although for some reason it starts in Unatco HQ instead of Liberty Island.
The mod's great though - Hell's Kitchen looks incredible.

TrasherDate: Saturday, 2007-10-13, 4:29 PM | Message # 5
Creator & Mapper
Ok well im glad you got it to work. And I'm really sorry that you had to do some mixing. It seems that there are some files missing from the rar pack. Demo will be released later in a smaller pack(overwrite needed)

kotharDate: Wednesday, 2007-12-12, 11:46 PM | Message # 6
Stranger
any new demo coming soon?

TrasherDate: Thursday, 2007-12-13, 9:45 AM | Message # 7
Creator & Mapper
Yes - There's a new Demo coming out and it will be released few days before the christmas.

Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » General » Demo doesn't work
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024