Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Bugs in v1.2
Bugs in v1.2
bjorn98009_91Date: Sunday, 2009-08-30, 0:19 AM | Message # 136
Coder & General Support
Group: Administrators
Yes, that bug is known. But just looking at the window is strange. The reason why Paul dies is because a flag is set when you exit through the window, or it's not set. I don't remember, but it's a flag thing anyway. Now that could have been changed in the redesign of the Hotel that exists in Revision. I will do extensive testing in that level in a few days, when I'm going to check out the mysteries in the logs you sent me.

AgelessDate: Sunday, 2009-08-30, 4:35 AM | Message # 137
Familial
Group: Moderators
Something I just remembered and wonder about.

The hostage situation in the Ton hotel the first time you get to Hell's Kitchen. There are three hostages, but who are they? Is the manager (Sandra's father) included in that number? Or is the bar-tender? Or is it only the woman upstairs and the two people in their rooms?

If the two people in their rooms are included in the hostages count. then how come they're showing as red on the cursor (enemy) and why will they attack me when I enter their rooms after having cleared out the hotel from hostage-takers? Shouldn't I be their saviour? wink

I killed them the first time around as they attacked me and my rescued hostage count was 1 then.

Also, will you move the original Ton Hotel (neon?) to the new hotel? It's kinda anonymous now as a hotel.

I find heavy corruption in the second HK Market place as well. It's in the shop where the little kid is trying to oppress that shopkeeper. Looking at them from the door opening, then moving the mouse I lose the bench, it being replaced by black. I can repeat that with the bench further up in the shop. I'd really like to make screen grabs of that, but don't know how. Any app up to that?

Added (2009-08-30, 4:35 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Ageless)
I'd really like to make screen grabs of that, but don't know how. Any app up to that?

OK, found one already: I used FRAPS.

Now to see if these forums allow me to add pictures. Embedded links weren't possible... (sure I can't: Unallowable BB codes were found ([URL] or [IMG]). Sigh... is that due to me having lower than x amount of posts?)

So just links then.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Ageless/Revision/Revisioncorruption1.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Ageless/Revision/Revisioncorruption2.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Ageless/Revision/Revisionshop-inside-corruption2.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Ageless/Revision/Revisionshop-inside-corruption3.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Ageless/Revision/Revisionshop-outside.png

and the bus-benches I was talking about are at:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Ageless/Revision/Revisionbus-benches.png

Jord.

Message edited by Ageless - Sunday, 2009-08-30, 3:36 AM

bjorn98009_91Date: Sunday, 2009-08-30, 8:01 PM | Message # 138
Coder & General Support
Those are some nasty BSP-errors, it's almost impossible to remove all of them though. Also I forgot to mention that a quick way for a screenshot is to just press T on you keyboard, then remove the line that says "Say" and just type sshot, the screenshot is saved into your system directory in your DeusEx directory. But they are BMP so you have to convert them to some other format though. Or you can just use Fraps biggrin

AgelessDate: Monday, 2009-08-31, 0:02 AM | Message # 139
Familial
I checked if the corruption could possibly be due to my videocard, an ATI HD3850 512MB. So I played Crysis for a couple of levels, a bit of Far Cry, Need for Speed Most Wanted, GTA San Andreas and finally just started Deus Ex its executable and loaded an old savegame of Hong Kong (pre-Revision). None of those show any bad behaviour, plus my GPU crunches through its Milkyway tasks on BOINC without trouble (I quit BOINC before gaming though!). So I could easily say it wasn't my videocard. smile

Thanks for the pointer on making screenshots in the game. Unregistered Fraps can also only make BMPs, so there's not much difference then.

Ah and on the slowdown in the Compound level: Running with Fraps on I see I slow down from 64 FPS around the edge to a mere 6 around the pond area. I can probably use Fraps to make a video of that. surprised

Jord.

bjorn98009_91Date: Monday, 2009-08-31, 2:46 AM | Message # 140
Coder & General Support
Okay... Well the errors you are having is not because of your graphics card but is a bug in the map itself. These bugs happens from time to time when rebuilding the map, even the vanilla maps have some bsp-errors in them. Trasher, you might be able to explain it better...

SimonDentonDate: Saturday, 2009-11-14, 1:12 PM | Message # 141
Revisioned
Group: Users
Has the bug with the russian soldiers not talking in lucky money been fixed?

My Mod!

www.summer101.ucoz.com

bjorn98009_91Date: Thursday, 2009-11-19, 10:34 AM | Message # 142
Coder & General Support
Yes, that was a really easy one.

SimonDentonDate: Friday, 2009-11-20, 11:20 AM | Message # 143
Revisioned
Group: Users
I know tongue

Good job crushing these bugs biggrin Since I am beta testing thanks to kind Trasher, I'll keep bug hunting happy

My Mod!

www.summer101.ucoz.com

TrasherDate: Friday, 2009-11-20, 1:15 PM | Message # 144
Creator & Mapper
haha, we fixed this one soo many months ago. More bug reports from Hong Kong are needed :P

AgelessDate: Saturday, 2009-11-21, 2:33 AM | Message # 145
Familial
Quote (Trasher)
More bug reports from Hong Kong are needed :P

Even more? You fixed all those objects falling from the world already? wink

Jord.

AgelessDate: Wednesday, 2009-11-25, 10:49 AM | Message # 146
Familial
Talking about Hong Kong...

Something I noticed the other day. It happens in the right corner of the second part of HK, the gang-fight.
This one seems to start as soon as the map is loaded. I think in the original game it started as soon as you got into the tunnel and even then, it wouldn't always take place. That may have been a bug in the original, but here... Is there a way you can script it to only start when the player is approaching this group of NPCs, Bjorn?

Just like it happens with you approaching the thugs and the group of NSF in the back streets of NYC in Hell's Kitchen V1.0 (which, Trasher, is the wrong version. V1.0 was Deus Ex. You redid it for Rev1.2, so that was 2.0 (completely different). This one is 3.0 as it's completely different yet again. ;))

Jord.

TrasherDate: Wednesday, 2009-11-25, 2:01 PM | Message # 147
Creator & Mapper
lol, actually the Hell's kitchen was available in Demo v1.0.

Is there a way you can script it to only start when the player is approaching this group of NPCs, Bjorn?

That is really easy to create. Just a few alliance triggers and that's it. Although in my game, they start to fight as soon as you approach them. :S?
The original gang fight is still there in the same location. The one you see in 06_HongKong_Compound.dx is just a random fight. smile

AgelessDate: Wednesday, 2009-11-25, 2:07 PM | Message # 148
Familial
Quote (Trasher)
The original gang fight is still there in the same location. The one you see in 06_HongKong_Compound.dx is just a random fight.

I've loaded the map a couple of times and the result differs. They either start fighting if I look at them, from my start point in the map (I'm pretty far away), or the fight's already done, or the fight apparently happens when I am on the other side of the map as when I later approach them, there's only dead people there.

As for the tunnel fight, I forget if this happens the first time or second time you get to HK. But I have had times that there's nothing there, not in first HK, not in second HK.

Jord.

TrasherDate: Wednesday, 2009-11-25, 2:49 PM | Message # 149
Creator & Mapper
Hmm.. alright. I shall fix this for the next release.

Quote (Ageless)
As for the tunnel fight, I forget if this happens the first time or second time you get to HK. But I have had times that there's nothing there, not in first HK, not in second HK.

That happens if you have completed enough objectives. For example, when you're heading for your last mission in HK.

AgelessDate: Thursday, 2009-11-26, 9:42 AM | Message # 150
Familial
Quote (Trasher)
That happens if you have completed enough objectives. For example, when you're heading for your last mission in HK.

Idea to adjust the script to do so the same in your map then? biggrin
I mean on the brawl happening in the corner...

Jord.

Message edited by Ageless - Thursday, 2009-11-26, 9:42 AM

Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Bugs in v1.2
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024