It's a minute .
Again, not quite bugs, but also not quite.... right.... if you know what I mean. So take 'em or leave 'em, I guess, though at least one is a bit closer to "frustrating interruption" than "exciting new challenge".
1. What, Paul doesn't have a Personal Computer Terminal anymore? It's not mission-critical, but a) Shitter adds an email to JC to Paul's terminal and I'd like the confirmation Shifter is working in its entirety; and b) there's a mysterious email to Paul which is nice for foreshadowing. I just miss being able to read Paul's (and my) personal emails. Not to mention it just doesn't seem "normal" that the only PC Paul would have access to (and presumably use) would be the public one in the "lounge" area (though I think that's really cool to have there).
2. There's no running water in Paul's shower/jaccuzzi-- you can turn the handle, but no water comes out of the shower head (which it did in the original game). If this is due to the chemical spill in the river that is "affecting some water treatment plants and may require that water rationing be implemented in the next week" (which I could accept as an excuse), then there should be some signs/notes/memos/postings in the 'Ton warning that water will be unavailable between certain hours. We have no time as such in the game so if the hours were during the evening/night-- the only times you're ever on the NYC map-- it would be adequate. But the reflective floor in the living room is very nice, as is the layout and furnishings .
3. I really like the broken "security" vent in th 'Ton (I like the big, bright "clue", and the security code; it was funny to access the pad and see something I'll probably never see anywhere else in the game), but does the vent only lead to one exit? That was OK; it was a well-placed exit, but it was kind of a letdown after all the buildup that it was such a single path.
4. What happened to the fourth hostage in the 'Ton? IIrc, there were (in the original game), three hostages in the hall by Paul's room, and Mr. Renton downstairs. Now there's the bartender, the chick in the 'low rent' hall, and Mr. Renton. The whole hostage situation is now even easier than it was before, which just doesn't seem right when there's so many new nooks and crannies in the new 'Ton.
5. There appears to be no way whatsoever to save both bums being threatened by the thugs on the basketball court. If I'm lucky, I can save the one looking on as his friend is being threatened, but for the one being directly threatened, it seems hopeless. There are now too many thugs, and they are too close to the guy. No attack can take them all out (without killing the bum as well) and any attack on only one or two enables two to kill Bum 1, two to kill Bum 2 and still leaves one or two to come for me (which is exactly what happened the three times I tried various methods to eliminate those guys). It's just pointless; try to help the bums, they are killed, walk on by (once the conversation is audible to me), they are killed (same as in the original). This is the "frustrating interruption".
5. Really minor, but on the corner of the main street where you turn off to go to the 'Ton, there's a building with a really cool animated sign... but I can't read the text, so I have no idea what the building is supposed to be. Just a little frustrating, since the sign is so cool.
I haven't explored the Underworld Tavern yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I hate that place so much, it's got to be better now, whatever you've done.
And may I commend your total evilness in upgrading Smuggler's. I've been killed twice trying to get in there because I didn't realize that you've now made Alex's warnings as I enter a reality (and I was playing without sound). So kudos (but you're evil bastards Haven't yet decided if this is an exciting new challenge or a frustrating interruption, we'll see what I think if I ever get through the gauntlet .
That's it for now, hope it's of some use .