Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » My Demo 1.2 bugs
My Demo 1.2 bugs
DarkRealityDate: Thursday, 2009-06-04, 2:25 AM | Message # 1
Think Tank
Group: Administrators
So I'm finally getting around to playing Demo 1.2 (whoops, missed the memo on that...my bad) and I'm running into some funky bugs.

Mostly, doors are being opened for me that should not be.

First one was the main doors at the Statue of Liberty. Not sure if it was the bad guys inside reacting to me, but in Vanilla DX they never open those doors.

Second was Gunther's cell. I found it open upon coming into the jailer's room. Not sure why or how that got opened.

Third one was weirdest still. You know the box in Castle Clinton with the biocell and the datacube with the 666 code to open the lower levels? There's the little boy by it? Well, I brought in a boomcrate from the subway, set it down, then pulled out my gun to scare the kid away, but he ran at the box and broke it open, then VANISHED. I searched for him and found him in the lower levels, so he must have popped straight down or something. Still used the boomcrate, just to get into the room with the aqualung aug, medkit, napalm, and rockets.

Also I find, as I walk, every now and then I'm halted by something I can't see. But if I back up, turn a bit, wiggle around, and come at it again, I'm unhindered. Not sure what's going on at all with that.

Loving what you guys have done with it so far and can't wait to help out.

TrasherDate: Thursday, 2009-06-04, 9:16 AM | Message # 2
Creator & Mapper
Heya.

The reason why these doors are open is because you made too much noise and the guards reacted to the sound and opened the door. There's a setting on each door in the editor wheter can the NPC open the door or not and these doors at liberty are set to True.

Ah, Gunther causing bugs again? Damnit. Well I think gunther heard firing sound or something and decided to come out of the room.

Also I find, as I walk, every now and then I'm halted by something I can't see. But if I back up, turn a bit, wiggle around, and come at it again, I'm unhindered. Not sure what's going on at all with that.

Sorry I have no idea what you're talking about. Some more info would be nice.

DarkRealityDate: Sunday, 2009-06-07, 3:17 AM | Message # 3
Think Tank
Interesting. Is it like that in the original too? Maybe it's happened once or twice in vanilla/Shifter, but it seems more likely in Revision. In any case, the guys inside Liberty shouldn't come out, since the burden's on the player to find a way in, either via the computer or the key from Harley Filben. And Gunther should definitely not be able to open his cell door, but he wasn't moving around, he was stationary not at the usual spot but in, and to the right (did you move his start location?).

As for the other, it's like an invisible wall. You used one in Smuggler's room, teasing us with all the range mods and other nice things. It's like I run into an invisible wall. Halted. Cannot move forward. Oddly enough, it was doing it just now, but it was every couple steps, made the game unplayable, so I wonder if it's something on my end. Just got done with Season 2 of Torchwood, maybe I'll install it on my flash drive and try it at work. If it persists, I could do a quick video, but our nephew's over, he's playing some demo on the Xbox, wouldn't really work out well right now. It's a weird bug though, I just blamed Rev1.2Demo because it's not present in TNM. Not sure about DX itself though.

Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » My Demo 1.2 bugs
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024