Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Critical Error while trying to launch Demo (Help?)
Critical Error while trying to launch Demo
thechosendentonDate: Monday, 2009-06-08, 11:35 PM | Message # 1
Visitor
Group: Users
Hello, I just downloaded and installed the Revision Demo 1.2 onto my PC (Vista). I got the following message, however, when I clicked on the shortcut:

ReadFile beyond EOF 1523713 + 3/1523713
History : ULinkerLoad ::Serialize <-FGenerationInfo<<
<-FUnrealfileSummary<< <-LoadSummary<-
ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject: GetPackage Linleer <- U:Object <
: StaticLoadOBject< (Core.Class DeusEx.Deusex fame engine NULL)
<- Uobject:StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine

Any ideas what it could be?

Added (2009-06-08, 11:35 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Also, I used a copy of the game I downloaded from direct 2 drive. Would that matter? Does it need a CD to play?

bjorn98009_91Date: Monday, 2009-06-08, 11:48 PM | Message # 2
Coder & General Support
Group: Administrators
Hmm, very interesting... I have no experience what so ever with direct 2 drive. It does not need a CD to play, but did you install the demo in your DeusEx root folder, like say C:\DeusEx\?

thechosendentonDate: Wednesday, 2009-06-10, 9:50 PM | Message # 3
Visitor
Yeah, I made sure of it.

I ordered a CD version of the game...maybe that'll work?

TrasherDate: Thursday, 2009-06-11, 10:07 AM | Message # 4
Creator & Mapper
Heya, welcome to our forums!

Ouch, thats some bad error you got there... hmm.. well to me it looks like Revision is installed properly also that error is weird because it doesnt say anything about Revision. Maybe it's the D2D thats causing this error. Honestly. I've never seen such error.

Have you tried any other mods like HDTP or TNM?

Quote (thechosendenton)
I ordered a CD version of the game...maybe that'll work?

Yeah, that should work as everyone can run it too!

thechosendentonDate: Thursday, 2009-06-11, 6:37 PM | Message # 5
Visitor
Thanks, Thraser.

I used to be a staple on the Deus Ex GameFaqs forum - in 8th grade, I bet Deus Ex 27 times. I also loved the sequel.
Now, as a senior in High School, I decided to play some old games and game across Revision. It seems great, but this error is a bummer.

I'm assuming its a D2D error as I tried it on several different (more powerful) computers and the same problem occurred. D2D requires an authorization code so it might be some sort of access code. Either way, I'll see how it works with the CD version.

Also, if the D2D download turns out to be the problem, you can include that warning on your download page for your final version.

Message edited by thechosendenton - Thursday, 2009-06-11, 7:50 PM

TrasherDate: Friday, 2009-06-12, 9:06 AM | Message # 6
Creator & Mapper
Hmm let us hope that the problem is really with the D2D version.

Quote (thechosendenton)
Also, if the D2D download turns out to be the problem, you can include that warning on your download page for your final version.

Dont worry, it will be included in the FAQ section aswell as in the readme file. Actually I should thank you for posting that error here wink

Without you posting it here, we would have never knew about this. Actually I didn't know there even existed such version as D2D. So Cheers!

thechosendentonDate: Friday, 2009-06-12, 11:13 PM | Message # 7
Visitor
Yeah, I tried it with a CD version, turns out the problem was with the D2D verizon. It worked like a charm.

Awesome mod, by the way! I haven't looked threw the forums, but, if you haven't had someone noticed, the game crashes if you try to use the ATM in the statue of liberty.

TrasherDate: Monday, 2009-06-15, 12:54 PM | Message # 8
Creator & Mapper
Wow, crash when using the ATM? I'll take a look at it!

I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the mod, despite all the things you've been through.

If you find more bugs or errors in the game, please post them to the Bugs thread.

Thanks!

Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Critical Error while trying to launch Demo (Help?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024