Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Revision Discussion Board » General Discussion » Other Discussion » I have a PS3... F*CK YEAH!!!! (Name says it all.)
I have a PS3... F*CK YEAH!!!!
Kee715Date: Saturday, 2009-01-17, 8:25 AM | Message # 1
True fan
Group: Users
Well I am late with this, I kind of forgot to post it here... Well rather than re-type everything I will just post a link to the blog: Link I am glad I still have my PS2, MGS2 and MGS3 do not work on the 160gb PS3s...

Good, Bad, I'm the guy with a Minigun, Chainsaw, and a big a** Cannon.
I'm a gamer at heart, but I'm limited by my surroundings...

SimonDentonDate: Saturday, 2009-01-17, 8:52 AM | Message # 2
Revisioned
I had a Ps3, but did not like it and sold it

I have a 360 and a Wii that run on 2 of my 4 plasmas but I play on computer the most.

My Mod!

www.summer101.ucoz.com

TrasherDate: Sunday, 2009-01-18, 2:45 AM | Message # 3
Creator & Mapper
Group: Administrators
Good for you. I'm not a fan of PS3 though. smile

Kee715Date: Sunday, 2009-01-18, 5:21 AM | Message # 4
True fan
I think it is the best console in existence, it just needs more good games that are only for it and not the 360 or Wii. I am loving MGS4 and Mirror's Edge (Mirror's Edge is rented from Gamefly though), I hope Deus Ex 3 will be for the PS3 biggrin

SimonDentonDate: Sunday, 2009-01-18, 5:23 AM | Message # 5
Revisioned
Walla:

Desu Ex 3 DXE Thread

My Mod!

www.summer101.ucoz.com

Kee715Date: Sunday, 2009-01-18, 5:35 AM | Message # 6
True fan
My only gripe that it isn't going to be on the PS3 is because all of the computers here suck, the most advanced game that has worked was Bioshock, and that was at medium graphics, and Universe at War hardly ran at all... I am not sure if the any of the PCs here will run it at all. If it does coe out on the PS3 I hope that it isn't going to suck like Invisible War, DX: The Conspiracy (PS2) was pretty good considering how complex/big DX was, but that was the PS2, the PS3 can handle FA3 and UT3, so I hope that it is ported to the PS3 if my comp can't run it.

SimonDentonDate: Sunday, 2009-01-18, 5:55 AM | Message # 7
Revisioned
I started that thread smile

Nearly 2000 views !!!! biggrin

I got a 80 GB PS3 the first day it came out when it was $999

My Mod!

www.summer101.ucoz.com

Message edited by SimonDenton - Sunday, 2009-01-18, 5:56 AM

DarkRealityDate: Thursday, 2009-04-30, 11:36 PM | Message # 8
Think Tank
Just an Xbox 360 for my wife and I. And a broken DS (L and R triggers broken) that her mom's borrowing for touch-only games. So here it's just the 360 and the PS3. We mainly do Rock Band on ours, but I'm mostly through Half-Life 2 (the end of Episode 2 is near impossible, I can't finish it) and I started Mass Effect, but haven't played in a while. Started Assassin's Creed last year but got bored with it. They really do not make 'em like they used to. Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, and Half-Life 2 all have elements of Deus Ex, and they all have a few things they do better (being newer) but in general, none of them stack up. Add in TNM and Shifter and what we've seen of DX:R and it's just no contest. Pretty much the only thing you can knock DX for is graphics (which I happen to like - a lot) and after that, the game's just pure win. But y'all know that already.

TrasherDate: Thursday, 2009-04-30, 11:48 PM | Message # 9
Creator & Mapper
Yes all that is true. You can play Deus Ex through countless times but when it comes to half life, one time is enough. The 2nd time starts to get frustrating. Deus Ex is something so special.. it has this magical power that makes u wanna play it again eventhough you've played it through all the different ways. Nowadays the developers focus too much on the graphics, not on the content and gameplay. Deus Ex may have bad graphics for the moment, but the game still doesnt look too crap. Wont be long when the New Vision full version arrives. That will fix this tiny problem.

DarkRealityDate: Friday, 2009-05-01, 1:24 AM | Message # 10
Think Tank
No, it won't. Not really. It'll look special to us, but when people so fixated on graphics look at it, they still won't care. Even if we get the game ported to the Unreal Tournament 2004 engine, it'll still be behind today's graphics. But today's graphics isn't really what we want anyway. Today's graphics means only quad-core PC owners with 1GB+ graphics cards and PS3/360 owners can play it, and gameplay will probably take a back seat.

As I said, I'm a real big fan of Unreal Engine 1. Unreal Tournament '99 still impresses me. At the turn of the century we came to a point where games looked better than ever and still retained the great gameplay of the 80s and 90s. After that they became more for show than anything. My brother-in-law is playing Resident Evil 5 on his 360, and it isn't even a Resident Evil game. It's a generic shooter that has marijuana cleverly disguised as healing herbs and a menu option called "combine" to reload your gun. And Chris Redfield. But no puzzles or anything that made the first two Resident Evil games so special. Silent Hill is more like RE than RE5. But RE5 isn't a bad game per se, it just goes to show how generic some games have gotten. Ion Storm wasn't afraid to go their own way with DX and try some really neat stuff.

Revision Discussion Board » General Discussion » Other Discussion » I have a PS3... F*CK YEAH!!!! (Name says it all.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024