Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Bugs (and etc...)
Bugs
AmadikDate: Friday, 2008-04-04, 3:10 PM | Message # 1
Visitor
Group: Checked
Hi, i played some hours in your mod and i found some bugs...

First mission:
I killed chief of NSF. Alex doesn't send me transmission ( ble,ble ble, you killed him, you bad:P ), and NSF terrorist are everwhere so i think mision isn't complete. I went to unatco HQ and started to sightseeing it...
uh...it's nice, but this bot is unnecessary. When i turn it on he started to shot to Unatco troops, and of course this one who is inside the HQ open doors of base for me ;d

So that's the solution ' how to do first mission without killing anyone;p'

Second thing:
I don't really like 'new' unatco Hq... It's too small for me ( i really liked kitchen , but now there isn't kitchen:P )..
Another bug... After second mission ( NSF generator ) anna was in manderley's office and didn't waiting until simons go to prisoners.... So i can go to it to... Where is simons ? O.o Does someone stole him?:P

Batter park... pany changes? I didn't saw anything new, except this 'thing' near metro station:P

NYC streets.... Sorry i totaly dislake this part. Too shiny for me:(
Some things were good, but others...
You totaly rebuild it, and i thought that you just add some new places and 'open' doors that were closed in 'normal deus ex'.
Club is cool...
Clinic too.
Smuggler's hide is really smart, and i died because of these granades rofl...:P Didn't expect that.

And Ton' hotel... Uh... Too big for me. I dislake it too:(

'Roofs level' was nice. But after i did mission Jock's Helicopter dosn't appear... dunno why:P

And second Unatco base..i wrote about it already. Problems with Simons.

Anyway..i used 'legend' i go to 747 Airplane. There's some kind of problem to go through seats. Something is blocking me:P
You should add something new to 747..it looks like always for me:P

Welll..i am going to play again...

Good luck, and thanks for this mod.

TrasherDate: Sunday, 2008-04-06, 8:22 PM | Message # 2
Creator & Mapper
Group: Administrators
Hi. Thanks for the bugs list. I'd like to correct some things...

As for the walton simons thing, That's not a bug. I made it to be like that way. Simons can be found from the prison area,

Battery park... nope, no changes.. since there isnt much to be done.

I havent changed the 747 at all. So i dont know anything about going through the seats :p

NYC Streets enlightenment will get some improvement.

:)

AmadikDate: Sunday, 2008-04-20, 7:29 PM | Message # 3
Visitor
Ok...some more bugs. Played a bit time with cheat and 'ghost' mode to find all changes:P
1st : When you are running away to Battery Park from NYC Streets you can come back to metro, and then you appear on roof in NYC xD
2nd: Gunther was mad, and don't want to talk with me:P I use scramble grenades on bots, and they killed all unatco troops...so i passed this misssion without going to prison..lol.
I think that troops should be immortal:P

3rd some problems with paul. He was like mj12 troop and turn on alert ;d then starting to run...bleh:P
4th And.... it's too dark on 4th level of Unatco HQ:P

Thats all i think...
Sry for my english.

smile

Ahh... escape from Unatco HQ is hard as hell ... i mean this bot outside... :P

TrasherDate: Sunday, 2008-04-20, 8:05 PM | Message # 4
Creator & Mapper
Thank you very much! The 1st bug was really a big surprise me :P

About 2nd bug.. That's pretty weird, you know this is Deus Ex afterall so some of the bugs such like this could appear in the normal version. When i tried this mission gunther wasnt mad at me. :P?

AmadikDate: Tuesday, 2008-04-22, 0:24 AM | Message # 5
Visitor
Ahh... should be there two cameras and turrets on Liberty Island?

And what's about small 'tribute' from me?
I changed some things on the island, because i still think there're too little changes:P i Added actually some trees and places in Statue...
I am begginer in Map Editor, and still have problems with ' movable' brushes... but...if you can take a look please let me know;)

TrasherDate: Tuesday, 2008-04-22, 0:32 AM | Message # 6
Creator & Mapper
umm... sure i could check it out.. just send it to my email address.

TrasherDate: Tuesday, 2008-04-22, 0:38 AM | Message # 7
Creator & Mapper
I am not so sure about the 2 robots. It would make the first map way too hard.

AmadikDate: Tuesday, 2008-04-22, 2:10 AM | Message # 8
Visitor
I meant that, not robots:
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1002/shot0001vt5.jpg
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/339/shot0002th4.jpg
:P

I will send it to you...but just tell me what's your e-mail is:P

TrasherDate: Tuesday, 2008-04-22, 12:56 PM | Message # 9
Creator & Mapper
vegito@suomi24.fi

Laro24Date: Saturday, 2008-05-10, 1:14 AM | Message # 10
True fan
I saw that tripple turret too lol and there is nothing to the camera because ceiling is mirrored. smile

Message edited by Laro24 - Saturday, 2008-05-10, 1:22 AM

bjorn98009_91Date: Saturday, 2008-05-10, 10:58 PM | Message # 11
Coder & General Support
Hi, I just tested out this mod and I absolutely LOVE it. It's great to play the game again and get a new experience. Even though I like it there are some bugfixes and changes that needs to be made and below I've summed up everything that I noticed.

General: All the maps (images) in the game that are transmitted through the InfoLink (or found in datacubes) should be updated to reflect the changes in the level. For example, the image of the NSF HQ
needs the be changed.

All the textures that should be on mirrors have disappeared.

00_Intro: Maggie Chow's legs are going through the chair. Also she is sitting somewhat strange.

01_Unatco_Island: Two Unatco guards are called Corporal Collins. They stand next to the ramp on the south dock (the dock you start at).
The bot storage outside Unatco: The Door has a strange texture on it, it looks like a texture for something else that has been chopped to fit the door.
You can not control all the cameras and turrets with the computers.

01_Unatco_HQ: There is a diploma on the wall, in the walkway where Gunter and Anna are standing when they talk about the vending machine. This diploma is way too big in my opinion, it looks like a picture or something because it has been stretched.
A part of the stairs that run down to the lowest floor in the building is poorly lit. Perhaps this was intentional but then the lights in the ceiling should be broken to.

02_NYC_Street: The three trashcans that stand just behind the two UNACO guys that gives you Gas grenades, are standing partly inside the wall.
There was a strange bug when I was trying to go to the secret area above the Underworld Tavern. When I went on the rooftops and walked on the edges the roofs I was suddenly hurled towards the ground.
Paul's windows is not on the outside of the Ton Hotel, which means that if you exit through the window you can not enter the apartment again (through the window). Don't know if this is intentional.

02_NYC_Hotel: The cleaning bot in the lobby is not moving unless you walk and stand besides it.

03_NYC_747: The passage between some of the chairs is too narrow, perhaps make it wider?

03_NYC_UnatcoHQ: When you are about to move out in Jock's chopper the cut scene is not focused on the chopper any more. It uses the same cut scene as original Deus Ex but the chopper is gone. Perhaps it has moved since you changed the helipad.
Perhaps the old medcenter, armoury and kitchen should be removed from the map to decrease load time, or just to make it look nicer when you ghost :P.

04_NYC_Smug: Ford Shick is not standing on the ground but in the air, and if you try to talk to him you become stuck.

04_NYC_Hotel: Perhaps the corpses in the bar on the first floor should be removed, I doubt that they would just lay there for that long.

04_NYC_NSFHQ: The crawlway that begins on the roof where a UNACO Trooper with a sniper rifle is standing, has no exit, the hatch on the other end of the crawlway can not be opened.
The turrets and cameras to the entry on NSF HQ is hostile both when I am at UNACO's side AND the at the NSF's side.

05_NYC_UnatcoIsland: The texture on the second door of the new built "control tower" has a strange texture on it. Also the button to control this door now has a low-res texture on it.
A 10 mm clip in the "com van" is partly inside the desk.
The door to the com van is now opening in a strange direction.

TrasherDate: Sunday, 2008-05-11, 0:29 AM | Message # 12
Creator & Mapper
Greetings bjorn98009_91,

Thank you very much for the bugs list. A patch is currently in progress.

About the maps images.. I know that those need to be changed into updated version. These new images will be shown in the full version.

Umm.. no textures on mirrors? That is really weird. Nobody havent reported that to me yet, so this is the first time when i hear this kind of problem.

If you fall down from the edge in the roof areas, thats not a bug. It's the physics and i cant do anything about it. I'd have to modify the edge so that the player wouldnt fall down.

It's meant to be that there is no window where you can get to the pauls room in NYC Street. However, I'm planning to add it there.

As i've said in the previous messages, i dont know anything about 747 Chair bugs since i havent touched the level at all. :|

The other end of the crawlway in NSFHQ is meant that it cant be opened. You have to break it by yourself ;)

Also.. you can change the turrets target to hit the enemies (you have to break a small piece of wall in the computer room where the 2 Unatco soldiers are talking about simons and other things.)

bjorn98009_91Date: Sunday, 2008-05-11, 1:22 AM | Message # 13
Coder & General Support
Glad to have helped biggrin
I have to try out some of the things you mentioned.

Laro24Date: Monday, 2008-05-12, 11:23 AM | Message # 14
True fan
Lol? No textures on the mirrors... ? I never had that ... dry

bjorn98009_91Date: Monday, 2008-05-12, 6:32 PM | Message # 15
Coder & General Support
I just tested to try and track down the mirror texture problem and found out that it was nothing wrong with the mod. I have Shifter and HDTP R1 installed so I launched the game without those and it showed the normal textures on the mirrors. But it is strange, I didn't get this weird texture thing before when Revision was not installed.

Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Bugs (and etc...)
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024