Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Bugs v1.1 (Bugs in 1.1)
Bugs v1.1
bjorn98009_91Date: Sunday, 2008-08-24, 6:36 PM | Message # 31
Coder & General Support
Group: Administrators
To point out the Deus Ex Root is most often "C:\DeusEx", just so that everyone is clear on that.

SemianonymousDate: Monday, 2008-08-25, 9:51 AM | Message # 32
Group: Users
Quote (Trasher)
oh, and thanks for posting more AI bugs lol. Remember that i cant fix every single AI bug since this is Deus Ex afterall.

Fair enough, but some of them just seem like placement issues. For example, I -think- the NSF trooper attacked the dock because he saw one of the UNATCO guys, if you moved them to a different spot, I bet that first bit, and the resulting shootout wouldn't have happened. As for the two guys on the top floor of the statue, just move them to be where Leo Gold is standing, and move him to be out of the line of fire, maybe just toss around some boxes as a shield and see what happens.

bjorn98009_91Date: Tuesday, 2008-08-26, 10:44 PM | Message # 33
Coder & General Support
A couple of bugs:

You don't have any options in the convo with Harly Filbin in the second time you are at Battery Park. He asks you if you want to buy the code for 500 but the only thing you can say is "Not interested".

Just because I talked to Gunther before when I ghosted through Liberty Island I don't get that covo in the Airfield map. Guess a flag has been set when I conversed with him the first time.

The computer in JC's office when he gets back to UNATCO HQ after the airfield is partly inside the desk.

I'm in NYC Streets right after the UNATCO level and i went across the rooftops to get the hidden place and when I jump from the higher rooftop the the lower one (the place where you previously fell of the ground) you suddenly die.

the infolink message from jock, don't know if it should be triggered when you climb down the ladder. Cause I got down another way and when I climed up I got the message.

TrasherDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-26, 11:02 PM | Message # 34
Creator & Mapper
Thanks for posting more bugs. But I think the 2nd bug you posted(GHermann) is useless. Since you can only get that when you use cheats..

I'm in NYC Streets right after the UNATCO level and i went across the rooftops to get the hidden place and when I jump from the higher rooftop the the lower one (the place where you previously fell of the ground) you suddenly die.

Oops, I think i forgot to mention that you got the first release of the patched version and believe me, this only happens in the version you have since I updated the download straight away when you had downloaded it. Sorry ;(

bjorn98009_91Date: Tuesday, 2008-08-26, 11:13 PM | Message # 35
Coder & General Support
Oh, any other updates in this new patch?

TrasherDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-26, 11:17 PM | Message # 36
Creator & Mapper
No, only that roofop area was fixed. And some small enlightenment issues in NYC Street 02. Nothing special. ;)

bjorn98009_91Date: Tuesday, 2008-08-26, 11:38 PM | Message # 37
Coder & General Support
Ok... So since I already got past that point there is no need for me to update?

TrasherDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-27, 0:38 AM | Message # 38
Creator & Mapper
Nope. Just keep playing ;P

SemianonymousDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-27, 6:04 AM | Message # 39
Group: Users
So, regarding the window in Pauls apartment. I tried it out, didn't fall to my death and all, but I couldn't go back into the window, I couldn't jump into it, but eventually, I walked foward, and I fell down about an inch, and the loading screen popped up. I think that needs a bit of work, I'll be playing around with it a bit more.

TrasherDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-27, 3:14 PM | Message # 40
Creator & Mapper
Oh yeah It's a bit buggy i noticed. There's like 30-40% chanche that the bug appears. Btw, when you walk out of the window just continue the metal bar to the Hotel's doors(you dont lose health this way..)

bjorn98009_91Date: Thursday, 2008-08-28, 5:41 PM | Message # 41
Coder & General Support
When Anna comes to see me in the detention cell the glass first becomes transparent so I can see her, but then instantly returns to being a mirror.

The Hatch in the floor just outside the detention block in the MJ12 prison is not openable, don't know if this was intentional.

TrasherDate: Thursday, 2008-08-28, 5:45 PM | Message # 42
Creator & Mapper
Quote (bjorn98009_91)
When Anna comes to see me in the detention cell the glass first becomes transparent so I can see her, but then instantly returns to being a mirror.

That's not a bug, and that happens in the vanilla version.

The Hatch in the floor just outside the detention block in the MJ12 prison is not openable, don't know if this was intentional.

That's intentional.

hehehe :D

bjorn98009_91Date: Thursday, 2008-08-28, 8:22 PM | Message # 43
Coder & General Support
Maybe I'll tell the mirror thing to Yuki that is developing Shifter, maybe he could do something about it.

If that is intentional, wouldn't it be better just to remove the hatch altogether? Or set a indefinite lock and strength on it.

bjorn98009_91Date: Thursday, 2008-08-28, 8:56 PM | Message # 44
Coder & General Support
Right forgot about two bugs I took a picture of earlier in the game. These are found in NYC streets.
Attachments: 9993759.jpg (76.1 Kb) · 4382156.jpg (87.9 Kb)

TrasherDate: Thursday, 2008-08-28, 11:49 PM | Message # 45
Creator & Mapper
oh ok, those are easy to fix.

Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Bugs v1.1 (Bugs in 1.1)
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024