Deus Ex Revision
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Bugs v1.1 (Bugs in 1.1)
Bugs v1.1
bjorn98009_91Date: Friday, 2008-08-29, 8:32 AM | Message # 46
Coder & General Support
Group: Administrators
Do you think it's possible to make some bottles lay down instead of standing up. It would be more realistic that way I think.

SemianonymousDate: Friday, 2008-08-29, 8:55 AM | Message # 47
Group: Users
Quote (Trasher)
Quote (bjorn98009_91)
When Anna comes to see me in the detention cell the glass first becomes transparent so I can see her, but then instantly returns to being a mirror.

That's not a bug, and that happens in the vanilla version.

I think he means that it turns into a mirror, so that during the Cutscene, you can't see her.
Few things I've noticed, most somewhat minor:
1: Another AI bug, I just like reporting them at this point. NSF in the Mole tunnel started shooting at the Mole people, despite the fact that I just shot him, and I was in plain sight. All hell broke loose, and all the NSF turned on the Mole people. I don't have a clue how that happened, but it didn't repeat itself under (more or less) the same conditions.

2: That silly green blob on the wall in the Unatco entrance is now officially annoying. Couldn't you just put a regular ceiling light in there?

3: UNATCO trooper made the walking on grass sound effect, despite there being no grass in the UNATCO HQ. I couldn't get him to repeat it, might just be a 1 time thing, although maybe grass effects play right there. Bottom floor, mind you, with that one patrolling trooper.

4: I got a whole bunch of error messages on the second Liberty Island map after I hopped the fence, all regarding being unable to find the messages that you normally receive, never had this happen before.

TrasherDate: Friday, 2008-08-29, 12:01 PM | Message # 48
Creator & Mapper
Quote (Semianonymous)
1: Another AI bug, I just like reporting them at this point. NSF in the Mole tunnel started shooting at the Mole people, despite the fact that I just shot him, and I was in plain sight. All hell broke loose, and all the NSF turned on the Mole people. I don't have a clue how that happened, but it didn't repeat itself under (more or less) the same conditions.

I havent done much here in the Mole people area so are you sure that this can't happen in the vanilla version?

2: That silly green blob on the wall in the Unatco entrance is now officially annoying. Couldn't you just put a regular ceiling light in there?

Right next to that green blob on the other side of the wall are 2 lamps. If u turn these off the green blob disappears. So, the light comes from the lamps. The only way how to get rid of it is to delete the lamp or move it to a better spot. You got my point right?

3: UNATCO trooper made the walking on grass sound effect, despite there being no grass in the UNATCO HQ. I couldn't get him to repeat it, might just be a 1 time thing, although maybe grass effects play right there. Bottom floor, mind you, with that one patrolling trooper.

I've never heard that before lol! If it happened only 1 time I cannot say the reason of that. Just another Deus Ex bug?

4: I got a whole bunch of error messages on the second Liberty Island map after I hopped the fence, all regarding being unable to find the messages that you normally receive, never had this happen before.

You're not even supposed to get there so it's ok if there are those messages lol. There's only one spot where you can get out of the place which Im going to block in the next release.

Do you think it's possible to make some bottles lay down instead of standing up. It would be more realistic that way I think.

The pics you showed me where the items are stuck on the ground were supposed to be layed down. I used UED2 to fix some things and when you open the map with UED2 it resets the items. So i have to go again to the properties and set it's movement to none from falling.

bjorn98009_91Date: Friday, 2008-08-29, 11:30 PM | Message # 49
Coder & General Support
Okey. Well, I'm finished with the demo... It was very enjoyable and I'll be trying out the Preview market area now...

See ya...

SemianonymousDate: Saturday, 2008-08-30, 7:56 AM | Message # 50
Quote (Trasher)

You're not even supposed to get there so it's ok if there are those messages lol. There's only one spot where you can get out of the place which Im going to block in the next release.

T'was tired last night, I'll reword it, I'm getting infolink errors, but yeah, since your not supposed to go there, its ok. still weird. And the light thing just seems so silly, why the hell does light even bleed through the walls anyways?

Also, in 03_NYC_Helibase, jumping into the water is causing random JC voice clips, including his pain grunts and gasping for breath, even when I'm just jumping in, and sometimes, I don't even get the splash effects, just JC moaning in pain.

TrasherDate: Tuesday, 2008-09-02, 9:59 PM | Message # 51
Creator & Mapper
Quote (Semianonymous)
And the light thing just seems so silly, why the hell does light even bleed through the walls anyways?

Blame the Engine for that. I hate that too buddy. dry

Quote (Semianonymous)
Also, in 03_NYC_Helibase, jumping into the water is causing random JC voice clips, including his pain grunts and gasping for breath, even when I'm just jumping in, and sometimes, I don't even get the splash effects, just JC moaning in pain.

I nearly havent even touched that level. Could you please specify where exactly this thing happens?

SemianonymousDate: Thursday, 2008-09-04, 2:24 AM | Message # 52
Its that little water area right after the mole people, right before that place with 2 patrolling bots. Not the big part that you fall in if you fail the jumps, smaller part, where you would come out if you fell in. Some rats are running around there, too. I think you have to pass by it to continue. Jump into the water, and he yells in pain. It could just be a shifter bug instead, though, I'll be trying a vanilla run later, see if it happens

TrasherDate: Thursday, 2008-09-04, 11:35 AM | Message # 53
Creator & Mapper
Well, I havent touched that spot so are you sure that this cant happen in the vanilla version?

SemianonymousDate: Friday, 2008-09-05, 6:36 AM | Message # 54
Haven't had the chance to test it otherwise, I'll be doing a shifter free revision test saturday, and revision free shifter test after that, and see if I get it with either. If I do, then I'll just report it to the appropriate maker, but if I only get it with shifter and revision, I suppose that would go under as a weird incompatability

TrasherDate: Friday, 2008-09-05, 11:39 AM | Message # 55
Creator & Mapper
Wow, You've got a lot to play then. Good luck and please report back when you know whos "fault" this is.

SemianonymousDate: Friday, 2008-09-12, 8:16 AM | Message # 56
uhg, I'm sorry guys, school just started for me, along with a sudden increase in my social life. I haven't forgotten about this, but I dunno when I'm going to get a chance to test that out. I'm gonna try for this saturday, I should have a few hours to do a quick warp to the level, but no promises. Out of curiosity, has anyone else gotten this glitch to happen?

TrasherDate: Friday, 2008-09-12, 12:01 PM | Message # 57
Creator & Mapper
hmmm well dude, you dont have to worry about it that much. I mean it's not a big deal and you shouldnt spare your few hours into this. That's just my opinion. As for Revision, the progress is going to slow down a bit since my new job is starting soon. I dont know when will I get the time to play with Revision but we'll see. I'll try to figure out something.

bjorn98009_91Date: Wednesday, 2008-09-17, 10:51 PM | Message # 58
Coder & General Support
Well you asked for a bugreport of the market area...

The first two images shows a sword this is stuck inside the wall...

The third image is just a question, how do you get to that create, is it supposed be like that?

Last image, if you try to lockpick that door, the guard turns angry... I mean, he's quite a bit off distance wise and not even looking in the direction of the door, how can he know that it is being picked.

Attachments: 1038781.jpg (129.2 Kb) · 7395110.jpg (186.5 Kb) · 9708861.jpg (155.7 Kb) · 2989544.jpg (183.9 Kb)

Message edited by bjorn98009_91 - Thursday, 2008-09-18, 0:55 AM

TrasherDate: Wednesday, 2008-09-17, 10:56 PM | Message # 59
Creator & Mapper
hmm ok, swords are very easy to fix. The reason why the guard reacts when you lockpick the door is pbb an AI issue or he hears the lockpick sound(do they even react the sound...?) You can get the goodies by blowing up the van with any gun that makes a lot of damage(e.g LAW,LAM,GepGun)

bjorn98009_91Date: Thursday, 2008-09-18, 0:58 AM | Message # 60
Coder & General Support
Oh, didn't know that you could blow up vans'. And can the AI bug be fixed, or is it just something we have to live with?

Revision Discussion Board » Revision Discussion » Technical area. » Bugs v1.1 (Bugs in 1.1)
Search:

Copyright Deus Ex Revision © 2024